Mary Lib Hoinkes, chair of the River Counties Community Foundation Grants Committee, presented $341,831 in community grants to 45 nonprofit organizations during the July 8 grants reception at Rappahannock Westminster-Canterbury. The grants support impactful projects and programs in Lancaster, Northumberland, and Middlesex Counties in the areas of health and wellness, educational success, economic prosperity, and cultural vibrancy. Click here for a list of this year's grants.
2014 Report to the Community
Click here to view/download our 2014 Report to the Community (PDF) suitable for viewing on screen.
Click here to download a higher resolution PDF of our 2014 Report to the Community suitable for printing (13 MB).
Who We Are
The River Counties Community Foundation is a public charity that is
- Enhancing the quality of life in Lancaster, Middlesex and Northumberland counties by
- Encouraging philanthropy by making it simple, flexible and cost-effective
- Ensuring that the charitable intent of our donors will be met in perpetuity
- Serving as effective stewards of our philanthropic assets
The Community Foundation’s mission is to cultivate philanthropy by
- Connecting people who care with causes that matter
- Providing superior stewardship for our donors
- Creating a better quality of life… forever.
- We believe in the power of philanthropy to improve the lives of people and communities.
- We are passionate, visionary and determined leaders committed to achieving extraordinary results.
- We are exemplary stewards of charitable resources, operating with the highest standards of integrity.