Foundation Releases Annual 'Report to the Community'
(From Rappahannock Record, 11/19/15)
IRVINGTON—River Counties Community Foundation (RCCF) presented its "2015 Report to the Community" at a recent event honoring board members, donors, and friends at the Steamboat Era Museum.
"Over $340,000 was awarded this year to nonprofits serving Lancaster, Middlesex and Northumberland counties," said advisory board chairman Susan Pittman. "This is an increase of 18% from 2014."
Community grants awarded by RCCF focus on economic prosperity, educational success, health and wellness, and cultural vibrancy.
"In addition to the increase in grant-making, three new funds have been established this year, bringing the total funds managed by RCCF to nearly $10 million," said regional affiliate director Margaret Nost.
"It has been a busy and successful year," Pittman added. "In addition to the community grants program, RCCF actively supported local organizations during the 2015 Amazing Raise in September and is currently rallying support for Together.Stronger., our annual fundraising campaign."
Together.Stronger. received considerable support in 2014 from donors recognizing the importance of philanthropy in the community, she said. Nonprofit organizations fill a crucial role in creating a healthy community, and greatly need support.
Advisory board members Jay Wallin and Gene Mapes will end their terms this year. Both were recognized for their outstanding service and commitment.
Officers for 2015 will be chairman Susan Pittman, vice chairman William Vose, secretary Mary Kay Rotert and treasurer John W. Coyle.
To receive a copy of the report, contact Margaret Nost at firstname.lastname@example.org, 438-9414, or rivercountiescf.org.
Donations to Together.Stronger. can be made online or mailed to RCCF, P.O. Box 222, Kilmarnock, VA 22482.
2015 Report to the Community
Click here to view/download our 2015 Report to the Community (PDF) suitable for viewing on screen.
Click here to download a higher resolution PDF of our 2015 Report to the Community suitable for printing (13 MB).
Who We Are
The River Counties Community Foundation is a public charity that is
- Enhancing the quality of life in Lancaster, Middlesex and Northumberland counties by
- Encouraging philanthropy by making it simple, flexible and cost-effective
- Ensuring that the charitable intent of our donors will be met in perpetuity
- Serving as effective stewards of our philanthropic assets
The Community Foundation’s mission is to cultivate philanthropy by
- Connecting people who care with causes that matter
- Providing superior stewardship for our donors
- Creating a better quality of life… forever.
- We believe in the power of philanthropy to improve the lives of people and communities.
- We are passionate, visionary and determined leaders committed to achieving extraordinary results.
- We are exemplary stewards of charitable resources, operating with the highest standards of integrity.